Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, aerial ribbons, aerial silk, aerial tissues, fabric, ribbon, or tissu, depending on regional preference) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric.
Performers climb the suspended fabric without the use of safety lines, and rely only on their training and skill to ensure safety. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions.
Aerial silks may be used to fly through the air, striking poses and figures while flying. Some performers use dried or spray rosin on their hands and feet to increase the friction and grip on the fabric. (Source: Wikipedia)
Please note that aerial silks is very different from aerial yoga. Silks is a performative and gymnastic form; for more, please see these videos on YouTube.
ABOUT SHIVAM CHAUHAN DANCE COMPANY
[Need 1-2 para bio on company and website link]
[Need 1-2 para bio on Shivam]
The include intense conditioning, stretching and learning tricks on the silks in gradual progressions tailored to the fitness level of every student. The main goal of the classes is to spread this beautiful circus art in a safe way and create a fun and intelligent fitness practice.
Please note that our group is beginner friendly!
TUE & THU 5.45 – 7.15 pm
TUE & THU 7.30 – 9.00 pm
SAT & SUN 11.00 – 12.30 pm
SAT & SUN 5.00 – 6.30 pm
TUE & THU 4.00 – 5.30 pm
SAT & SUN 3.00 – 4.30 pm
6 classes pass
12 classes pass
Prices include 18% GST. We accept cash at the gym, or you can pay us online.
1) Your passes are valid for 4 & 8 weeks from the first class taken for 6 & 12 passes. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) You need to reserve your spot in a class by contacting Shivam in advance. If you have a spot, and don’t inform Shivam at least 24 hrs prior you can’t make it, the class will count. Only 6 people are permitted per class.
3) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
4) Aerial silks attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can damage the silks. Nails must be trimmed close on hands and feet.
5) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 90 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
6) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
7) Aerial is highly physically demanding, so we ask newcomers to demonstrate core strength by doing a 45 second plank.
|TEL||LL 011-46588444 | MO 9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|