Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, aerial ribbons, aerial silk, aerial tissues, fabric, ribbon, or tissu, depending on regional preference) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric.
Performers climb the suspended fabric without the use of safety lines, and rely only on their training and skill to ensure safety. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions.
Aerial silks may be used to fly through the air, striking poses and figures while flying. Some performers use dried or spray rosin on their hands and feet to increase the friction and grip on the fabric. (Source: Wikipedia)
Please note that aerial silks is very different from aerial yoga. Silks is a performative and gymnastic form; for more, please see these videos on YouTube.
ABOUT SHIVAM CHAUHAN DANCE COMPANY
Shivam Chauhan, artistic director of Shivoham – Shivam Chauhan Dance Company, is a pioneer of aerial silk in India. He was the first person to introduce aerial as a dance art form in India and introduced many shows based upon it including a production by the Shri Ram Bharatiya Kala Kendra called Parikrama performed in the Kamani Auditorium.
A prodigy of the Jaipur gharana of classical dance and music, Shivam has completed his Visharath in Kathak and Indian classical music (vocals) from the Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad. Shivam has been performing in India and the world since a very small age and has represented India as a soloist in 25 different countries.
He is empanelled with the ICCR and has performed extensively through the forum. Some of his major performances include performance for Incredible India at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi (2016) | Dance India Dance Season 2 (Top 18) | India’s got Talent Season 6 (Quarter Finalist) | Solo at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi (2008 – 2013) | Bonjour India Festival in France (2011) | a performance with Lady Gaga at the F1 Grand Prix, Greater Noida.
Shivam has received many awards including the National Award for representing India in Russia in 2008 and was recently conferred upon the Rashtrapati Bhawan Samman by Hon’ble former President Shri Pranab Mukherjee and the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in November 2016.
TUE & THU
5.45 – 7.15 pm
7.30 – 9.00 pm
SAT & SUN
11.30 – 1.00 pm
5.00 – 6.30 pm
TUE & THU
4.00 – 5.30 pm
SAT & SUN
3.00 – 4.30 pm
6 classes pass
12 classes pass
Prices include 18% GST. We accept cash at the gym, or you can pay us online.
1) Your passes are valid for 4 & 8 weeks from the first class taken for 6 & 12 passes. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) You need to reserve your spot in a class by contacting Shivam in advance. If you have a spot, and don’t inform Shivam at least 24 hrs prior you can’t make it, the class will count. Only 6 people are permitted per class.
3) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
4) Aerial silks attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can damage the silks. Nails must be trimmed close on hands and feet.
5) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 90 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
6) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
7) Aerial is highly physically demanding, so we ask newcomers to demonstrate core strength by doing a 45 second plank.
|TEL||LL 011-46588444 | MO 9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|