Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, aerial ribbons, aerial silk, aerial tissues, fabric, ribbon, or tissu, depending on regional preference) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric.
Performers climb the suspended fabric without the use of safety lines, and rely only on their training and skill to ensure safety. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions.
Aerial silks may be used to fly through the air, striking poses and figures while flying. Some performers use dried or spray rosin on their hands and feet to increase the friction and grip on the fabric. (Source: Wikipedia)
Please note that aerial silks is very different from aerial yoga. Silks is a performative and gymnastic form; for more, please see these videos on YouTube.
Dasha has 15 years of dancing experience and 5 years of aerial acrobatics. Dasha received her training from teachers from Russia and Australia and through various workshops. Her main aerial apparatuses are Aerial silks and Aerial rope.
Her classes include intense conditioning, stretching and learning tricks on the silks in gradual progressions tailored to the fitness level of every student. The main goal of the classes is to spread this beautiful circus art in a safe way and create a fun and intelligent fitness practice.
Please note that our group is beginners and intermediates!
MON 5.45 – 7.30 PM
MON 7.30 – 9.15 PM
WED 5.45 – 7.30 PM
WED 7.30 – 9.15 PM
THU 5.45 – 7.30 PM
FRI 5.45 – 7.30 PM
FRI 7.30 – 9.15 PM
SUN 11.30 AM – 1.15 PM
6 classes pass
12 classes pass
We accept cash at the gym, or you can pay us online.
The class is currently full, but slots open up on a regular basis, about 2-3 times a week. If you’d like to be notified, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your WhatsApp contact info, we’ll add you to our group.
Once added to the group, you’ll be notified and be able to sign up for a slot by pre-paying for it online. These payments are counted towards regular passes, i.e. once you’ve paid a total of Rs 5,000 / 8,000 you’ll qualify for 6/12 classes.
Do see the notes below for general terms and conditions as well!
1) Your passes are valid for 7 weeks from the first class taken. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) Please inform us if you’re under 15 years of age. The class age section is 15 to 60 years of age.
3) You need to reserve your spot in a class by contacting Dasha in advance. If you have a spot, and don’t inform Dasha at least 24 hrs prior you can’t make it, the class will count. Only 6 people are permitted per class.
4) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
5) Aerial silks attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can damage the silks. Nails must be trimmed close on hands and feet.
6) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 90 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
7) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
8) Aerial is highly physically demanding, so we ask newcomers to demonstrate core strength by doing a 45 second plank.
|TEL||+91-11-46588444 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|