Parkour is the art of navigating effortlessly through obstacles. The aim is to get from one point to another in the most efficient manner. It is practised predominantly in an urban environment, providing a number of obstacles for a practitioner at almost any location.
At Delhi Rock we’ll break down Parkour into:
– Flexibility and balance
– Jumps (take offs and landings)
– Strength building and conditioning
– Obstacle assessment and navigation
Students will be taught to navigate through obstacles using moves like the wall-up, tic tac, the different variations of kongs, shoulder rolls, etc.
Practising Parkour enhances one’s agility, strength and the ability to make quick decisions while on the move. It takes some time to learn, but with regular training and conditioning – the world is our playground.
Since Parkour is intensely technical and physical, about 50% of the class will be focused on fitness and conditioning. So participants will get stronger and more flexible as they go, and be safely guided as they attempt more and more complex parkour moves.
Training safely is extremely important since the only equipment in Parkour is one’s own body. Students will be taught to assess obstacles, the environment and the moves they attempt in order to minimise the risk of injury. That being said, just as in any other sport like basketball or martial arts like Karate, minor scrapes and bruises are inevitable.
Uzair is an accomplished parkour practitioner, who was national champion in Parkour League India 2018. He began his practice in 2010, and has been teaching for five years. He’s also a professional accountant, who graduated from Delhi University, and did his master’s degree at Jamia Millia Islamia.
Uzair has cofounded several parkour organisations in Delhi, such as Delhi Parkour and Velocitafit, and is regarded as a leader in the community. He’s also worked in movies, documentaries, television ads and live performances associated with brands like Adidas, Limca, Reebok and Red Bull.
Uzair is a diligent and careful teacher, and has demonstrated an excellent ability to take students safely on their learning journey in parkour.
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
7.15 PM – 8.45 PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
11.00 AM – 12.30 PM
Prices include applicable taxes. Click on one of the headings above to pay online or with the button below.
1) Purchases are NON-EXTENDABLE / NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-TRANSFERABLE. Please see our policies page.
2) We permit unlimited self-practice for students with monthlies who’ve been cleared for safety by a teacher. This is during open hours and when the flooring is not being used for a class.
3) Attire is comfortable athletic clothing which permits arm and leg articulation. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can create injury. Nails trimmed on hands and feet.
4) Private session charges are for up to two participants; each additional participant pays the regular dropin fee.
5) Age group is 7+.
|9818440969 | Timings
|Inside Nanaksar Gurudwara, opposite M-39 res, GK2 | Directions
|Instagram | WhatsApp community