Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, ribbons, tissues and fabric) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric.
Performers climb the suspended fabric without the use of safety lines, and rely only on their training and skill to ensure safety. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions.
Aerial silks may be used to fly through the air, striking poses and figures while flying. Some performers use dried or spray rosin on their hands and feet to increase the friction and grip on the fabric. (Source: Wikipedia)
Note that aerial silks is different from aerial yoga. Aerial silks is based on aerial acrobatics and is a performing art; aerial yoga is based on yoga, and uses a hammock to achieve postures. For more info, please see these videos on YouTube. We have separate aerial yoga classes at Delhi Rock.
ABOUT ARJUN & FLYING MONKY
Arjun Sharma’s first aerial arts teacher was David Greeves, who is an internationally renowned aerial arts choreographer and teacher. After David Greeves, Arjun learned from Ana Cerrato, also a well-known international teacher and performer based in the UK. Arjun has been teaching aerial silks for six years, in Delhi, Dubai and Macao. Arjun choreographed for the Bollywood musical Devdas, and for Khelo India Youth Games 2018-19.
Arjun is the founder of his own aerial company called Flying Monky, and his classes include intense conditioning, stretching and learning tricks on the silks in gradual progressions tailored to the fitness level of every student. The main goal of the classes is to spread this beautiful circus art in a safe way and create a fun and intelligent fitness practice.
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
5.00 – 6.30 pm
7.00 – 8.30 pm
Kids are welcome, age requirement is 7+
Prices include applicable taxes. Click on one of the headings above to pay online or with the button below.
1) Purchases are NON-EXTENDABLE / NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-TRANSFERABLE. Please see our policies page.
2) Please see our rigging safety notes. We permit unlimited self-practice for students with monthlies who are cleared for safety by the teacher. This is during open hours and when the flooring is not being used for a class.
3) Aerial silks attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. Knees, midriff and underarms covered. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can damage the silks. Nails trimmed, hair tied.
4) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
5) Private session charges are for up to two participants; each additional participant pays the regular dropin fee.
|TEL||9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp. M-39 res., GK2 (see detailed directions)|
|INFO||Instagram Facebook Newsletter|