Aerial silks (also known as aerial contortion, aerial ribbons, aerial silk, aerial tissues, fabric, ribbon, or tissu, depending on regional preference) is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric.
Performers climb the suspended fabric without the use of safety lines, and rely only on their training and skill to ensure safety. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions.
Aerial silks may be used to fly through the air, striking poses and figures while flying. Some performers use dried or spray rosin on their hands and feet to increase the friction and grip on the fabric. (Source: Wikipedia)
Please note that aerial silks is very different from aerial yoga. Silks is a performative and acrobatic form; for more, please see these videos on YouTube. We have separate aerial yoga classes at Delhi Rock.
Arjun Sharma started dance in 2010, and graduated in Mayurbhanj Chaau, and started performing in Jhumroo, a Bollywood musical at Kingdom of Dreams. He was introduced to aerial performing arts there, and his first teacher was David Greeves, who is an internationally renowned aerial arts choreographer and teacher. After David Greeves, Arjun learned from Ana Cerrato, also a well-known international teacher and performer based out of the United Kingdom.
Arjun then worked as a professional aerialist with the Natya Nectar dance company, a leading Indian circus arts company. Arjun performed for organisations like Star TV, Reebok, Karsh Kale, Hero and many others. In 2015, Arjun participated in India’s Got Talent as a solo aerial artist and reached the semi finals.
Arjun has been teaching aerial silks for three years. This includes a three month stint in Macao choreographing an aerial piece with performers for theatre, and then in Dubai (2016-2018) for two years as a showrunner in aerial choreography. Arjun recently choreographed for the renowned Bollywood musical Devdas, and for Khelo India Youth Games 2018-2019.
Arjun’s classes include intense conditioning, stretching and learning tricks on the silks in gradual progressions tailored to the fitness level of every student. The main goal of the classes is to spread this beautiful circus art in a safe way and create a fun and intelligent fitness practice.
TUE & THU
5.00 – 6.30 pm
7.00 – 8.30 pm
SAT & SUN
11.30 – 1.00 pm
3.00 – 4.30 pm
Kids are welcome, but please schedule their sessions in advance so we can find a suitable slot with fewer students to get them started in. Please note that we limit each class size to seven students.
We offer a onetime trial, for Rs 500. You can check our live roster for availability and register online (enter 500 for amount, and the date & time on which a slot is available). This has to be booked at least one day in advance.
6 classes (valid 4 weeks)
12 classes (valid 6 weeks)
Prices include 18% GST. Click on one of the headings above to pay online.
1) Your passes are valid for 4 & 6 weeks from the first class taken for 6 & 12 passes. They’re non-extendable and non-refundable. Please read our passes policy page carefully, this lays out all the rules which apply!
2) You need to reserve your spot in a class by contacting us in advance. If you have a spot, and don’t inform us at least 24 hrs prior you can’t make it, the class will count. Only 8 people are permitted per class.
3) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
4) Aerial silks attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can damage the silks. Nails must be trimmed close on hands and feet.
5) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 90 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
6) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
7) Aerial is highly physically demanding, so we ask newcomers to demonstrate core strength by doing a thirty second plank.
8) We are observing some simple but strict rules to ensure safety during the pandemic. Please see our COVID PRECAUTIONS webpage for our measures, and cooperate in helping us run classes safely.
|TEL||LL 011-46588444 | MO 9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|
|INFO|| — COVID PRECAUTIONS —
Please consider subscribing to our weekly newsletter