Parkour is the art of navigating effortlessly through obstacles. The aim is to get from one point to another in the most efficient manner. It is practised predominantly in an urban environment, providing a number of obstacles for a practitioner at almost any location.
At Delhi Rock we’ll break down Parkour into:
– Flexibility and balance
– Jumps (take offs and landings)
– Strength building and conditioning
– Obstacle assessment and navigation
Students will be taught to navigate through obstacles using moves like the wall-up, tic tac, the different variations of kongs, shoulder rolls, etc.
Practising Parkour enhances one’s agility, strength and the ability to make quick decisions while on the move. It takes some time to learn, but with regular training and conditioning – the world is our playground.
Since Parkour is intensely technical and physical, about 50% of the class will be focused on fitness and conditioning. So participants will get stronger and more flexible as they go, and be safely guided as they attempt more and more complex parkour moves.
Training safely is extremely important since the only equipment in Parkour is one’s own body. Students will be taught to assess obstacles, the environment and the moves they attempt in order to minimise the risk of injury. That being said, just as in any other sport like basketball or art like Karate, minor scrapes and bruises are inevitable.
We also anticipate doing a regular frequency of outdoor days, where participants will be able to practice their skills on new obstacles and terrains. Hopefully these will extend into parkour trips to wonderful outdoor locations, seeding a great community of parkour enthusiasts based in Delhi.
Abhishek has been practising and teaching parkour for six years. He is trained in karate (Okinawa Goju Ryu) and has learned yoga from Kaivalyadham in Mumbai.
He built a community of Parkour enthusiasts in Delhi and has been featured in ads and videos built around brilliant Parkour moves. He’s been written up by Red Bull, Men’s Health, Hindustan Times, and others!
If you’ve been looking for a completely different way to approach your body and our urban environment, in Abhishek you’ll find the perfect person to learn from! For more about him, check out:
SAT & SUN 8.00 – 9.30 AM
For private sessions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check for availability.
Prices include 18% GST. We accept cash at the gym, or you can pay us online.
1) Your 10-pass is valid for 10 weeks from the date of purchase. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) Please inform us if you’re under 14 years of age. The class age section is ages 14+
3) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This is for safety; warmups are important.
4) Attire is comfortable athletic clothing which permits arm and leg articulation. Sports shoes are a must. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can create injury. Nails must be trimmed close on hands and feet.
5) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 90 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
6) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
|TEL||LL 011-46588444 | MO 9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|