I have been associated with yoga from a very early age courtesy my mother who is to this day an inspiration to me. She’s a sixty-year-old superwoman with the exuberance of a teenager and has never missed her morning yoga in over two decades.
The basic asanas she taught me as a young girl opened me up to the world of yoga and made me realise the importance of it in our day-to-day lives. Yoga working on a physical level through asanas is just one of the limbs of yoga , the workings of it internally help us evolve and handle our day-to-day lives in a calmer manner. Hence yoga is a lifestyle that people have rather than just another workout.
I took more classes over the years and have been practicing yoga for the past 15 years. I am a certified yoga teacher, Mysore-style Ashtanga and Hatha. I did my training programme at IndeaYoga Mysore, Ashtanga & Hatha Yoga Shala, to further refine my skills. Under the guidance of the teachers there I received a more in-depth knowledge of Ashtanga and Hatha yoga and learned more about human anatomy and the effects of yoga on it. I have recently completed my Level II Training as well with IndeaYoga.
My aim is to serve people to realise the importance of yoga and how it helps maintain a balance between body, mind and soul
THE TWICE WEEKLY CLASS
In this class we will work on the principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa and Hatha yoga, on strength, flexibility and stability along with fluid movements through various asanas. The focus will be on understanding the reasons behind doing asana practice, alignment of the body and the benefits of those for our body.
The class is suitable for participants interested in healing and opening their bodies and mind. It will also prepare people who are interested in doing the Ashtanga Primary Series later.
— TBD due to covid; please stay tuned! —
Prices include 18% GST. Click on one of the headings above to pay online.
1) Your passes are valid for 4 consecutive weekends. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) Please bring your own yoga mat. This is important for hygiene, and is an essential part of your practice, to take with and keep at home.
3) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
4) Yoga attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can cause discomfort.
5) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 75 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
6) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
7) We are observing some simple but strict rules to ensure safety during the pandemic. Please see our COVID PRECAUTIONS webpage for our measures, and cooperate in helping us run classes safely.
|TEL||LL 011-46588444 | MO 9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|
|INFO||Instagram Facebook Newsletter|