Vinyasa is a dynamic form of yoga derived from Ashtanga yoga. Translated from Sanskrit, Vinyasa means to place in a special way as a transition between each pose (asana). You will learn how to flow with the breath and experience its connection with the body and mind in a conscious movement. The more you focus on the movement of your breath, the more you are able to move into the present. The practice becomes a moving meditation and will help you feel both relaxed and revitalised.
We can say that Vinyasa Yoga is a fluid and dynamic sequence of poses, which will increase your flexibility, strength, and stamina. It calms the mind and improves overall health. It will help to avoid pain and physical issues due to improper body alignments too.
Key benefits from this style of yoga:
- Improves flexibility
- Works on strength training
- Teaches proper breathing
- Gives cardiovascular benefits
- Relieves stress
A typical Vinyasa class with Aurore will start with some warm-ups and sun-salutations, and will include a broad range of poses: standing and balancing postures, seated poses and twists, backbends, forward folds and inversions. Every class will end with a proper relaxation.
These classes are often vigorous and may be challenging, making them great classes for those who want a “workout” style of yoga.
Aurore has been coming to India since 2007, and has practiced with teachers from different schools. She left Paris in 2014 and started travelling as a yoga teacher in Asia, teaching mainly in Sri Lanka. Currently, she is teaching in Delhi.
She has 200 hrs teacher training in Vinyasa from Gerard Arnaud, Federation Francaise De Yoga. She also has 200 hrs teacher training from the Santhi School of Yoga and Vedanta Studies in Sivananda.
Mainly trained in Vinyasa and in Hatha Yoga, Aurore teaches in a gentle and comprehensive way, including pranayama and deep relaxation, even though her classes can be dynamic and challenging too. She has a strong focus on body alignment, and other aspects of yoga which are not only about physical postures.
Being herself an artist, Aurore likes to teach Vinyasa yoga as it allows her to keep her creativity and her freedom, while being on a flow with the breath, in a meditation state. Aurore has also started to train herself in Ayurveda, as well as Hindustani classical music, and meditation.
Classes start on February 2nd 2018!
MON 7.30 – 8.45 AM
WED 7.30 -8.45 AM
FRI 7.30 -8.45 AM
FEE AND REGISTRATION
10 classes pass
20 classes pass
We accept cash at the gym, or you can pay us online.
1) Your passes are valid for 7 weeks from the first class taken. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) Please inform us if you’re under 15 years of age. The class age section is 15 to 60 years of age.
3) You need to reserve your spot in a class by contacting Aurore in advance. If you have a spot, and don’t inform Aurore at least 24 hrs prior you can’t make it, the class will count. Only 10 people are permitted per class.
4) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
5) Attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery.
6) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 75 minutes, you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
7) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
8) Anyone who wishes to be physically and mentally strong and supple can attend these classes. Doctor’s approval required in case of medical history.