Vayu Yoga is a unique aerial yoga practice that provides a complete mind and body experience. The word Vayu directly translates to wind or air in Sanskrit, and Vayu Yoga is also commonly known as “Flying Yoga” as it entails the practice of yoga asanas while being suspended in silken hammocks. Practitioners are unencumbered from the weight of their bodies and are able to completely relax, stretching their spine and every muscle of their body. Practicing inverted asanas in suspension also activates blood circulation.
This is a visionary yoga: free from gravity, we don’t feel the weight and stiffness of the body. We relieve our stress. We decompress the spine, the back, the neck, the joints, the pelvic area. We stretch effortlessly, realign our vertebrae, activate our blood circulation and stimulate our pineal and pituitary glands. By practicing inverted asanas in suspension, we feel our blood flowing all over our organs. We release our vital energy, our grace, our natural beauty. This form of yoga is a prop for deeper practice.
“We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds,” The Yoga Sutra by Pantajali
“While sitting or lying down, one should think of one’s own body being suspended in space. Then, in a moment, the samskaras or thought constructs of the mind being reduced, it ceases to be a reservoir of old mental dispositions.” 82, dharana on suspension of the body, Sri Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
“O goddess, as a result of slowly swinging or rocking the body, one attains a tranquil state of mind and floats into the stream of divine consciousness.” 83 II, dharana on swinging the body, Sri Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
“We are transforming the way we perceive the world,” Vajracchedikā Prajñāpāramitā Sūtra
ABOUT ACHARYA SURESH
Aacharya Suresh Dutt Sharma belongs to a purohit lineage, those who lead a rigorous vedic lifestyle. Since his childhood he has followed the same pattern as his predecessors. During his early teens he lost his father and that was a huge turning point for him, which persuaded him to take refuge at Uttarkashi Tapowan in the Himalayas. He was baffled by god’s existence, which made him speculate and further seek this reality. On his journey towards seeking the truth he encountered a sadhu, and asked him if he knew the whereabouts of god, thinking that the sadhu would know where to find him.
After a brief conversation he decided to follow the sadhu to Tapowan. Once he reached, his instincts urged him to stay there, serving the holy man in pure silence. One day the sadhu guided him to go back to his hometown and lead a happy grihasta ashram (a family life) to serve his karma, and learn more about what life has to offer.
That did not stop him from travelling in search of his quest, which led him to travel to numerous place such as Sivananda Math (Rishikesh), Himalayan Institute of Yoga (Dehradun), Bihar School of Yoga (Munger), Kaivalya Dham (Lonavala), Osho Ashram (Maharashtra), Yog Vedant Ashram Sivananda (South India) and many more.
During his journey he met various yoga gurus and decided to learn Yog. Thus motivating him to master the art and create various yoga styles like Prithvi (earth), Jal (water) and Vayu (air). Now it has been more than twenty years since he first started practicing and teaching yoga. He is a Reiki healer as well as a Panchakarma specialist, and his speciality is a blend of traditional and modern forms of Yog. It goes without saying that he also performs vedic pujas and yagya as a part of his daily routine.
Acharya Suresh has trained many corporate clients in Delhi, including the United Nations, Nokia, Fusion, Valvoline, Tech Mahindra and Penguin.
SAT 8.00 – 9.15 AM
SAT 9.30 – 10.45 AM
SUN 8.00 – 9.15 AM
SUN 9.30 – 10.45 AM
6 classes pass
12 classes pass
Prices include 18% GST. We accept cash at the gym, or you can pay us online.
1) Your passes are valid for 4 & 8 weeks from the first class taken for 6 & 12 passes. They’re non-extendable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) Please inform us if you’re under 15 years of age. The class age section is 15 to 60 years of age.
3) You need to reserve your spot in a class by contacting Acharya Suresh in advance. If you have a spot, and don’t inform Acharya Suresh at least 24 hrs prior you can’t make it, the class will count. Only 6 people are permitted per class.
4) If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, you are not allowed to take it. This will count towards your passes. This is for safety; warmups are important.
5) Attire is long leggings and a comfortable, tight-fitting t-shirt. No zippers, jewellery or other things which can damage the silks. Nails must be trimmed close on hands and feet.
6) Please bring a water bottle for hydration. Each session is 90 minutes or more, so you should have eaten 1.5 to 2 hours earlier to have adequate energy for a good session.
7) If you have any cuts, wounds or blisters please wait for them to heal before taking a class.
|TEL||LL 011-46588444 | MO 9818440969 (see hours of operation)|
|ADD||Premises Nanaksar Gurudwara, opp res M-39, GK2 (see detailed directions)|